Demand for provisioning and managing physical, virtual and public cloud resources led to 100 percent growth in users of PAN Cloud Director
BOXBOROUGH, Mass. – Jan. 14, 2014 – Egenera, a leader in converged infrastructure and cloud management software, today announced a new release of Egenera Cloud Suite featuring enhanced workflow automation, simplified administration, and enhanced security through integration with Microsoft Active Directory. As Egenera continues executing on its cloud vision and product roadmap, the new capabilities benefit both service providers and enterprise customers for mission critical cloud services. Cloud Suite’s unique ability to provision and manage physical, virtual and public cloud resources from one management interface drove significant customer adoption in 2013.
The new release follows a year that included the acquisition of Fort Technologies and integration of Fort’s cloud management software with Egenera PAN Manager; the signing of new enterprise and service provider customers; new strategic relationships with key resellers and technology partners; and integration with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
“Cloud computing is an important part of any enterprise’s IT strategies, but so is continuing to utilize and leverage existing physical infrastructure,” said Torsten Volk, research director at Enterprise Management Associates. “A cloud management platform that manages both physical and virtual resources and has the ability to create robust hybrid clouds gives users faster access to the full range of computing resources they need. It also presents new opportunities for both IT organizations and service providers alike.”
“We choose Egenera for its infrastructure orchestration robustness and because its platform allows us to scale-out and deploy capacity literally in a matter of minutes,” said Brian Ballard, CTO at Netsolus. “By implementing Egenera, we were able to launch a new cloud service in less than 60 days, ultimately allowing us to further deliver a quality user experience that our customers expect.”
Cloud Suite Enhancements
New capabilities of Egenera PAN Manager and PAN Cloud Director include:
- Support for Microsoft Hyper-V and Active Directory: Gives customers broader choice of hypervisors and enhances security for Microsoft installations.
- Expanded role-based administration for both administrators and users of the cloud service: Enhances security and adherence to corporate policies
- Billing enhancements: More granular usage based billing enables service providers to offer annual, monthly or hourly based-billing
- Expanded Templating: Users can create templates for complete application environments containing physical, virtual and public cloud resources
- Lease periods: With the new capability users can set expiration dates for the services they provision.
“As the growth of cloud services is being driven by user demand for faster access to computing resources, enterprises are relying on a broad set of applications, with differing capacity requirements, levels of availability and security,” said John Humphreys, VP of sales and marketing at Egenera. “Egenera is the only solution to provision physical, virtual and public cloud resources from one unified management framework, and is in high demand from service providers and enterprises alike.”
A webinar and demonstration of PAN Cloud Director and PAN Cloud Manager’s features is being held on Wed, Jan. 29 at 1 pm EST. https://cc.readytalk.com/cc/s/registrations/new?cid=7rrs4n98qe6i
- Egenera’s Blog - http://www.egenera.com/blog
- Egenera on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Egenera
- Egenera on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Egenera/74312707811
- Egenera on LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/company/egenera
Converge. Unify. Simplify. That’s how Egenera brings confidence to the cloud. The company’s industry leading cloud and data center infrastructure management software, Egenera PAN Cloud Director™ and PAN Manager® software, provide a simple yet powerful way to quickly design, deploy and manage IT services while guaranteeing those cloud services automatically meet the security, performance and availability levels required by the business. Headquartered in Boxborough, Mass., Egenera has thousands of production installations globally, including premier enterprise data centers, service providers and government agencies. For more information on the company, please visit egenera.com. Follow Egenera on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
# # #