Egenera Inc., the industry’s pioneer in open converged infrastructure and management automations supports PAN Manager® on the NEC SIGMABLADE® platform.
NEC SIGMABLADE with PAN Manager consolidates server, storage, and network; transforms isolated infrastructure into a unified system that delivers resiliency to any IT service or application.
The joint solution brings simplified IT management processes, provisioning, high availability and disaster recovery services for physical or virtual servers. Integrating with the NEC SIGMABLADE platform, the joint solution adds a fast failover functionality that cuts the time to recovery and ensures critical services can be rapidly restored.
By leveraging iSCSI storage, the solution is ideally suited for use in cloud computing and large-scale VDI deployments.
The certified solution leverages:
- NEC SIGMABLADE Enclosure
- NEC 10Gb Intelligent L3 Switch
- Up to 16 NEC Express5800/B120d blades per enclosure
- iSCSI storage from NEC, EMC or NetApp
This solution enables customers to leverage existing infrastructure investments to create highly available resource pools that provide comprehensive application availability and continuity from a single, unified interface via PAN Manager. Benefits to this unified management platform include:
- Simple “One Click” High Availability & Failover
- Verifiable Disaster Recovery with Failover and Fail Back
- Instant, On-Demand Provisioning of Servers & Infrastructure
- Secure Partitioning & Multi-Tenancy
- Lights Out Management
For more information: