Egenera Inc., the industry’s pioneer in open converged infrastructure and unified computing, supports PAN Manager® on IBM BladeCenter® blades.
By integrating Egenera’s most advanced release of PAN Manager with IBM BladeCenter H, Intel® Xeon® multi-core processors and IBM Open Fabric Manager, Egenera and IBM create and industry leading solution that simplifies and automates data center management while reducing complexity, risk and costs.
The Egenera solution for the IBM BladeCenter is purpose built to deliver infrastructure resiliency and agility to cloud based services, large scale VDI deployments, and mission critical enterprise applications. The certified solution leverages:
- IBM BladeCenter H Enclosure with IBM Virtual Fabric 10G Switch Module and IBM Open Fabric Manager
- IBM industry leading x86 blade servers
- Standard networking protocols and technologies including Ethernet, iSCSI or FC
This solution enables customers to leverage existing infrastructure investments to create highly available resource pools that provide comprehensive application availability and continuity from a single, unified interface via PAN Manager. Benefits to this unified management platform include:
- Simple “One Click” High Availability & Failover
- Verifiable Disaster Recovery with Failover and Fail Back
- Instant, On-Demand Provisioning of Servers & Infrastructure
- Secure Partitioning & Multi-Tenancy
- Lights Out Unified Management
- Abundant Server and Network Scalability & Performance
Easy to install, rapid to deploy and simple to manage, IBM BladeCenter with PAN Manager consolidates server, storage, and network; transforms isolated infrastructure into a unified system that delivers resiliency to any IT service or application.
For more information on the IBM BladeCenter go to this website: