Company expanded cloud management capabilities with first acquisition and turns attention to hybrid clouds
BOXBOROUGH, MA – February 5, 2013 –Egenera, a pioneer in physical, virtual and cloud management and automation, today announced the company exited 2012 with record revenue from its software business. This success comes as Egenera is changing how IT is managed and services delivered in a 24/7 cloud enabled world, all while helping customers, partners and service providers deliver ease of use, openness, choice and resiliency in their cloud solutions.
Key milestones in 2012 included:
- Third consecutive year with record revenue from the software business. Over the last three years Egenera has grown software revenue at a compound annual growth rate of 142 percent
- Grew customer base by 20 percent led by key wins with Cygate, Diawa, Panasonic and PDRI
- An acquisition of Dublin-based Fort Technologies, a cloud lifecycle software provider – the first acquisition in Egenera’s 12 year history
- Development of new strategic partnerships with IBM, Fujitsu, NEC and EMC
- Added 30 new channel partners across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Key channels wins include relationships with value added partners such as Mainline, Edge and SHI
“Last year we were laser-focused on working to deliver enterprise-class reliability, performance and choice to our service provider and commercial customers’ cloud initiatives,” said Pete Manca, president and CEO of Egenera. “As we look to the coming year, we will focus our attention on cloud automation and helping companies successfully transition to managed hybrid clouds. We expect 2013 will prove to be another successful year and look forward to continued growth in the cloud.”
Converge. Unify. Simplify. That’s how Egenera brings confidence to the cloud. The company’s industry leading cloud and data center infrastructure management software, Egenera PAN Cloud Director® and PAN Manager®, provide a simple yet powerful way to quickly design, deploy and manage IT services while guaranteeing those cloud services automatically meet the security, performance and availability levels required by the business. Headquartered in Boxborough, Mass., Egenera has thousands of production installations globally, including premier enterprise data centers, service providers and government agencies. For more information on the company, please visit egenera.com. Follow Egenera on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.